U.L. Coleman Properties has created this Site for the company associated with this Site, UL Coleman Properties. As a result, UL Coleman Properties acts as “data controller” for the Site and U.L. Coleman Properties acts as “data processor” for the Site. In other words, UL Coleman Properties determines what data is collected from the Site and for what purpose and U.L. Coleman Properties merely processes and stores such data. U.L. Coleman Properties relies on UL Coleman Properties’ legal basis for data collection when processing data collected through the Site. UL Coleman Properties’ legal basis arises from UL Coleman Properties’ need to evaluate and process rental applicants, provide property management services, and to advance UL Coleman Properties’ other legitimate interests, as described more fully in Section 2. UL Coleman Properties also relies on your consent in some circumstances as the basis for processing your personal information.
- Personal Information Collected
The following types of personal information (“Personal Information”) may be collected, stored, and used via the Site:
- Information about your computer, including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, and operating system;
- Information about your visits to and use of the Site, including the referral source, time of visit, length of visit, page views, and website navigation paths;
- Information that you enter when you register with or use the Site, including your name, email address, mailing address, billing address, and phone number;
- Information relating to any rental applications you submit through the Site, such as your billing address, credit card number, social security number, date of birth, driver’s license number, and income;
- Information relating to any calls that you place via the Site, including when you placed the call, the length of the call, the participants on the call, and the content of the call (which may be recorded);
- Information relating to anything you purchase, services you use, or transactions you make through the Site;
- Any other personal information that you provide or send to us through the Site.
- Records and copies of your correspondence if you contact us.
Note that before you disclose to U.L. Coleman Properties the personal information of another person, you must obtain that person’s consent to both the disclosure and the processing of that personal information in accordance with this Statement.
U.L. Coleman Properties may, from time to time, appoint third parties to collect the information referenced above so that the information may be used for one or more of the purposes described below. For example, U.L. Coleman Properties may appoint Google Analytics to collect data regarding your use of the Site. In such cases, it is third party partners sole responsibility to comply with applicable laws.
- Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
U.L. Coleman Properties (and/or U.L. Coleman Properties’ third party partners) may use your Personal Information to perform the following activities on behalf of UL Coleman Properties:
- To operate the Site and to personalize the Site to you (see Section 3 for more information); and
- To contact you (such as by mail or email) for the purpose of informing you of rental availabilities and/or products or services available from U.L. Coleman Properties, UL Coleman Properties, or their affiliates; and
- To contact you (such as by mail or email) for the purpose of conducting market research, such as by requesting your opinion about current services or potential new services that may be offered; and
- To provide you with customer support; and
- To provide or deliver services to you; and
- To perform statistical analysis, such as by analyzing the types of services users are interested in and websites and pages users visit; and
- To comply with legal obligations when we believe in good faith that an applicable law requires it; and
- To detect and protect against fraud, or any technical or security vulnerabilities; and
- To protect the rights, property, safety, or security of our business, third parties, visitors to our websites and mobile apps, or the public; and
- In connection with a sale, merger, or consolidation of U.L. Coleman Properties or other transfer of our assets, whether voluntarily or by operation of law; and
- For any other purpose with your consent.
U.L. Coleman Properties may share your personal information with UL Coleman Properties, including UL Coleman Properties’ employees, officers, or agents; with the property owners of the property promoted on the Site, including their employees, officers, or agents.
The Site may use “cookies” to help personalize your online experience. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a web page server. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
One of the primary purposes of cookies is to provide a convenience feature to save you time. The purpose of a cookie is to tell the Web server that you have returned to a specific page. For example, if you personalize Site pages, or register with or provide information to the Site, a cookie helps U.L. Coleman Properties to recall your specific information on subsequent visits. This simplifies the process of recording your personal information, such as billing addresses, shipping addresses, and so on. When you return to the same Site page, the information you previously provided can be retrieved, so you can easily use the features that you customized.
You can choose to delete existing cookies, allow or block cookies, and set preferences for certain websites in your browser’s settings. Please note you may not be able to use the full functionality of the Site if you choose to block all cookies.
- Third Party Advertising and Remarketing
- California Resident’s Rights
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may apply to California residents whose Personal Information is collected by parties that meet other criteria. If the CCPA applies to us, California residents may request to know about Personal Information collected about them and request deletion of that Personal Information. These rights are subject to certain exceptions, including without limitation, for Personal Information subject to the Fair Credit Reporting Act and the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act. If we are subject to the CCPA, you can learn more about these rights and our processes for consumer requests by contacting us using one of the methods listed below. If you exercise any of the rights afforded to you by the CCPA, we will continue to treat you fairly.
If the CCPA applies to us and to your information, you can submit a request to us for the following personal information we have collected:
- The categories of personal information we’ve collected about you.
- The categories of sources from which we collected the personal information.
- The business or commercial purposes for which we collected or sold the personal information.
- The categories of third parties with which we shared the personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of personal information (if any) that we have sold about you, the categories of third parties to which we sold that information, and the category or categories of personal information sold to each third party.
- The categories of personal information that we disclosed about you for a business purpose.
Our responses to any of these requests will cover the 12-month period preceding our receipt of the request. Upon request, we will delete the personal information we have collected about you that is covered by the CCPA, unless a relevant exception to the right to deletion applies.
The General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”), which became effective on May 25, 2018, creates consistent data protection rules across Europe. It applies to all companies that process data about individuals in the European Union. The GDPR imposes responsibilities on “data controllers” and “data processors.” A company is a “data controller” when it has the responsibility of determining why and how personal data is processed. A company is a “data processor” when it processes personal data on behalf of a data controller. While Century Sales & Management, LLC operates as a data controller, there are some instances in which U.L. Coleman Properties operates as a data processor, particularly when working with customers and other third parties. To the extent U.L. Coleman Properties acts as a data processor, U.L. Coleman Properties is committed to complying with the GDPR’s specific requirements for data processors and we will work with customers and to update any related privacy policies on other websites.
This Policy is designed to address only U.L. Coleman Properties’ data practices with respect to activities conducted by U.L. Coleman Properties on its own behalf or through the Site. For those activities, U.L. Coleman Properties acts as a data processor and may appoint service providers to act as data processor on its behalf, such as Google Analytics, and as further set forth herein. U.L. Coleman Properties is committed to ensuring that it has appropriate terms in place with such partners so that both U.L. Coleman Properties and the partners comply with their respective requirements under the GDPR.
Data controllers must have a legal basis to process your personal information. Century Sales & Management, LLC’s legal basis to process your information arises from Century Sales & Management, LLC’s need to use your information to provide you with the services and customer support and to advance Century Sales & Management, LLC’s other legitimate interests (including operating the Site, conducting direct and indirect marketing, etc.), as discussed more fully in this Policy. Century Sales & Management, LLC also relies on your consent in some circumstances as the basis for processing your personal information.
If you are located in the European Union you may have certain rights under the GDPR. These may include the right (i) to request access and obtain a copy of your personal information, (ii) to request rectification or erasure, (iii) to restrict the processing of your personal information, and (iv) if applicable, to data portability. In certain circumstances, you also have the right to object to the processing of your personal information. To make such a request, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will consider and act upon any request in accordance with applicable data protection laws. If you are a resident of the European Union and you believe we are unlawfully processing your personal information, you also have the right to file a complaint with your local data protection supervisory authority. You can find their contact details here.
7. Data Retention Policy
Personal information that U.L. Coleman Properties processes or enlists others to process for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes, and in no event shall such information be kept for more than a reasonable period of time. However, U.L. Coleman Properties will retain personal information beyond this time period to the extent it is required to do so by law or to the extent reasonably necessary to defend Century Sales & Management, LLC’s rights or property.
8. Security of Personal Information
U.L. Coleman Properties takes reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse, or alteration of your personal information. You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and U.L. Coleman Properties cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
U.L. Coleman Properties takes special precautions to protect any information you provide pursuant to a rental application by encrypting the application before storing it in a database. In addition, your rental application information is stored in a database that is access controlled. See Section 2 for more information on who U.L. Coleman Properties may grant access to your personal information.
9. Personal Information of Minors
Our Sites are not directed to minors under the age of 16 and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from minors. We may collect Personal Information of minors, provided by parents or guardians, in connection with the application and rental of a unit, or the provision of property management services. We do not sell the Personal Information of minors.
10. Changes to the Statement
11. Contact Information
Please direct all privacy-related questions and concerns to the following address:
U.L. Coleman Properties, LLC
207 Milam St., Suite C
Shreveport, Louisiana 71101
Updated: July 13, 2022